- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (can use low-sodium)
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
- 14 -16 large pasta shells
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce (NOT enchilada sauce)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups tortilla chips, crushed (optional)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a frying pan cook ground beef; add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Add cream cheese, cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Blend well. Set aside and cool completely.
- While the ground beef is cooking, cook the pasta shells according to directions; drain. Set shells out individually on baking sheet so that they don’t stick together.
- Pour salsa on bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Stuff each shell with the meat mixture placing shells in dish open side up. Cover shells with taco sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips; bake for 10-15 more minutes, with the foil removed. Top with green onions and serve with sour cream and/or more salsa.