Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
A family favorite that may easily can be doubled --- the chili powder and cumin can be adjusted to taste.
- 4 ounces manicotti, cooked only until firm-tender
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (or to taste, add in if you like spicy) (optional)
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- seasoning salt
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup prepared salsa (medium heat or spicy)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (or to taste)
- 1 head lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a heavy skillet brown the ground beef with onions, garlic, bell pepper, oregano and chili flakes (about 6 minutes) drain fat.
- Add in 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and season with seasoning salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir in the salsa and continue to cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Stuff the cooked manicotti shells with the meat mixture.
- Arrange the shells in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese lighty over the shells.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake 15-20 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese over and return to oven uncovered for another 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and chopped bell peppers.
Great change of pace for us and something different to make that is so delicious!
I can't believe this hasn't got 100 reviews. Only thing I did to change it up was to add black olives, which are a favorite of mine. Delllliciousssss shells! Thank you for sharing!
OMG! I can't believe that I'm the first to review this recipe! It is sooo delish!!! I've been trying out some others, and they were pretty good. Besides being great already, I think the Parmesan pushed it over the top! My hubby was in heaven and talked it for days! He doesn't say much one way or the other, but this one had him going! Thanks Kitten for sharing and for this delicious recipe. I'll be making this again and again!