Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick little appy that disappears fast. Cooking time does not include chilling time. You can add a dash of hot sauce for more heat.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast
- 1⁄2 large red pepper
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 6 large tortillas
- sour cream, for dipping
- salsa, for dipping
- Gently pulse cream cheese, cilantro, cumin, Chicken, red pepper, and jalepeno in food prosessor until finely chopped.
- Fold in grated cheese.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Spread on tortillas, and roll up tightly, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover cookie sheet with silpat or foil treated with cooking spray.
- Slice tortillas diagonally 1/2 inch thick and place on sheet.
- Brush with oil and bake 12 -15 min or until light golden.
- Serve hot with sour cream and salsa for dipping.
These were fantastic! I doubled the recipe & got 8. Next time, i'm going to put the filling on even thicker. I think i over-chopped the chicken using the food processor, so next time, i'll finely chop it w/ a knife and add it w/ the cheese. These were delicious & quite a few friends copied out the recipe. Thanks so much. Such an easy make-ahead appetizer!
A thumbs up from me and my boyfriend. I only made one minor change. I used 4 tortillas instead of 6. I was making a snack for 3; so I just didn't need that many. I'll keep this recipe and definitely make again & again.