Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A quick one pot meal that everyone will love.
Make and share this Mexican Spaghetti recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- garlic (I use 2 cloves)
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti (broke in half)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
taco seasoning (or use 1 package purchased)
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant minced garlic (I used powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Brown ground beef, onion, green pepper and garlic. Drain fat.
- Add 4 cups of water and tomato sauce.
- Add crushed red pepper and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Add uncooked spaghetti stir and cover.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes or until spaghetti is cooked.
- I also add onion powder, garlic powder to the ground beef , that's optional though. And I add cilantro to the sauce, optional also.
My family really did like this, and they aren't always fond of steering away from traditional italian spaghetti. It was a breeze to cook, which was perfect for the busy day I had. I made a vegetarian version at same time using Yves ground round. Worked out really well. Added some corn and served grated cheddar on the side. Thanks for a real kid pleaser!