1/1 Photo of Mexican Scramble (Diabetic)
I found this yummy sounding recipe online. It's from the cookbook "Diabetes Meal Planning on $7 a Day Or Less!" Time does not include time to cook the macaroni or any small shaped pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained, rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or more)
- 1 cup cooked macaroni
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat, brown and drain ground chuck.
- 2Add onion, green pepper, corn, tomatoes and green chilies, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and chili powder; mix well.
- 3Cook uncovered over medium heat for 15 minutes; stir periodically.
- 4Add macaroni and cornstarch dissolved in water; stir well.
- 5Continue cooking and stirring over medium heat until mixture thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Serving size: 1 cup.
- 7Exchanges Per Serving: 3 Lean Meat, 1 1/2 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat.
- 8Nutrition Facts: Calories 329; Calories from Fat 117; Total Fat 13g; Saturated Fat 5g; Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 548mg; Carbohydrate 27g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 5g; Protein 26g.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Scramble (Diabetic)
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.6
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 562.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 19.4 g