Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve this rice with chicken or as a main dish for a light meal. From Extending the Table. Submitted for ZWT 2007.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy frypan.
- Add uncooked rice and fry for 1-2 minutes, stirring gently.
- Add onion, garlic, 1/2 cup water and salt.
- Cook until all water is absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 cup boiling water or broth, pepper strips and corn.
- Cover and simmer about 20 minutes, without stirring, until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and spread sour cream over the top.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Cover and let stand 5-10 minutes until cheese melts.