Serve this rice with chicken or as a main dish for a light meal. From Extending the Table. Submitted for ZWT 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large, heavy frypan.
- 2Add uncooked rice and fry for 1-2 minutes, stirring gently.
- 3Add onion, garlic, 1/2 cup water and salt.
- 4Cook until all water is absorbed, stirring constantly.
- 5Add 1 cup boiling water or broth, pepper strips and corn.
- 6Cover and simmer about 20 minutes, without stirring, until all liquid is absorbed.
- 7Remove from heat and spread sour cream over the top.
- 8Top with shredded cheese.
- 9Cover and let stand 5-10 minutes until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Rice Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.5
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 55.9 mg
- Sodium 509.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 14.4 g