Low Carb Mexican Chicken Skillet
- Ready In:
- Brown onions slowly in olive oil.
- Shred chicken (you can use leftover chicken from a previous meal or just pick up a roasted chicken at the grocery store).
- Slice green chiles and stir into the browning onions.
- Add refried beans (or omit, as you wish), chicken, cream cheese and cumin.
- Stir and taste, adding salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve as is or over brown rice if you aren't watching carbs, or stir in a cup of frozen corn kernels.
- Garnish with shredded cheese or olives, if you wish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Back in the US after 10 years abroad. Good to be home and have good access to more familiar ingredients, however, I also loved all that I learned in my beloved adoptive country of Macedonia. I also had the privilege of running an American style bakery during my last 3 years in Skopje. Baking is my addiction, but I do love all sorts of cooking. My husband recently ended his 15 year low-carb lifestyle, so we are both busy packing on the pounds and being able to eat forbidden foods together now! Love it (but not how snug my pants are!).