Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mother taught me how to make this quick, easy and yummy recipe. It is usually multiples time throughout the week with many main dishes. Note: 2 cups of wate for every cup of rice.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 small Spanish onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 4 fresh cilantro stems (coarsley chopped or left whole)
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 cups water
- With a blender or hand blender mix tomato sauce, garlic & onion, put aside.
- In a pan lightly brown rice in E.V.O.O.
- When lightly browned add 1/2 of tomato mixture to rice, (save rest for next batch),
- Make sure all of the rice is coated and add your water, boulion and cilantro.
- Bring to a boil and cover with tight fitting lid and bring down to simmer for ten minutes, then turn stove off and let rice sit for another five minutes with lid on.
Very easy to through together and very good thank you.