- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 small Spanish onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 4 fresh cilantro stems (coarsley chopped or left whole)
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- With a blender or hand blender mix tomato sauce, garlic & onion, put aside.
- In a pan lightly brown rice in E.V.O.O.
- When lightly browned add 1/2 of tomato mixture to rice, (save rest for next batch),
- Make sure all of the rice is coated and add your water, boulion and cilantro.
- Bring to a boil and cover with tight fitting lid and bring down to simmer for ten minutes, then turn stove off and let rice sit for another five minutes with lid on.