Recipe by looneytunesfan
I haven't made this yet, but it looks like a recipe my mom used to make. Posting so I can find this recipe again.
- 2 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded colby cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese
- chopped tomato, for garnish
- shredded lettuce, for garnish
- sliced pitted ripe olives, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- In medium bowl, combine biscuit mix, cornmeal, water and butter; mix well. Pat dough on bottom and up sides of greased 15x10 inch jellyroll pan. Bake 10 minutes; remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, brown meat with onion; stir in tomato sauce, chilies, bouillon, chili powder and cumin. Cook and stir until bouillon dissolves.
- Spread beans evenly over baked crust; spoon meat mixture evenly over beans. Top with cheese. Bake 10 minutes.
- Garnish with tomato, lettuce and olives. Refrigerate leftovers.