Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
An old favorite with a Mexican flair. This soup is great for freezing.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 6 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- crushed corn chips
- Brown beef and pork in a large skillet with the onions and pepper.
- Place all ingredients (except corn chips) in a soup pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 60 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Ladle into soup bowls and top with corn chips.
A good soup that very filling and easy to make. I like this soup better served with the corn chips then with saltine crackers (my first bowl). I added a 6 ounce can of tomato paste. I may increase the cumin, garlic powder and chili powder the next time I make this. Use a 12 quart soup pot as this makes a LARGE batch of soup. Thank you for sharing.