My family loves Mexican food, and this is a favorite of ours. I got this recipe out of a magazine at my sister's home. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey (can sub. hamburger)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces picante sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive, sliced (optional)
- 1Brown meat.
- 2Add beans and seasonings to meat, stir until warmed through.
- 3Cook noodles for 6-8 minutes, or until partially cooked but still firm enough to handle. Do not cook all the way.
- 4Spoon meat mixture into partially cooked noodles.
- 5Place stuffed noodles in 9x13-inch pan. You can use two 8x8-inch pans.
- 6Combine water and picante sauce, Pour over shells.
- 7To bake later cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Bake 350 for 1 hour or until bubbly, then spread with sour cream and top with onions and olives.
- 8To bake now, heat oven to 350 degrees, cook for 1/2 hour then spread with sour cream and green onions and olives. Then bake for 5 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.4
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 1226.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 43.3 g