Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family loves Mexican food, and this is a favorite of ours. I got this recipe out of a magazine at my sister's home. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground turkey (can sub. hamburger)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces picante sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup olive, sliced (optional)
- Brown meat.
- Add beans and seasonings to meat, stir until warmed through.
- Cook noodles for 6-8 minutes, or until partially cooked but still firm enough to handle. Do not cook all the way.
- Spoon meat mixture into partially cooked noodles.
- Place stuffed noodles in 9x13-inch pan. You can use two 8x8-inch pans.
- Combine water and picante sauce, Pour over shells.
- To bake later cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Bake 350 for 1 hour or until bubbly, then spread with sour cream and top with onions and olives.
- To bake now, heat oven to 350 degrees, cook for 1/2 hour then spread with sour cream and green onions and olives. Then bake for 5 more minutes.
Excellent recipe, will use again. I love items I can freeze and cook on a day I just don't feel like cooking so I will be making lots of this.