Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Very easy to make. You don't have to precook the noodles. Use hot or mild salsa depending on your taste. I am a vegetarian so leave chicken out of half of the dish.
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cans refried beans
- 2 cans cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 2 cups salsa or 2 cups rotel
- 2 cups water
- 1 container sour cream
- mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer 4 uncooked noodles in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix refried beans and chicken together.
- Spread half of the mixture over the noodles.
- Sprinkle with half of the olives.
- Repeat layers, ending with a layer of noodles.
- Mix water and salsa and pour over layered dish.
- The liquid will just come to the top of the last layer of noodles.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour and 45 min.
- or until noodles are tender and most of the liquid is gone.
- Remove from oven spread 1 container of sour cream over dish and top with motzerella cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted.
- About 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes after taking out of the oven as it is easier to cut and serve.
- This can be assembled the night before and then baking isn't as long.
this was very easy to make and tasted good too. i used the pre-cooked lasagna noodles and it is now a keeper. i did not add the olives, and substituted low fat sour cream and low fat jack cheese.