Weeknight Mexican Lasagna
photo by Redsie
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- sliced green onion
- sliced black olives
- Cook/crumble beef, onion, and garlic until beef is browned; drain well.
- Combine beef mixture, beans, chili powder oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Place layer of uncooked lasagna noodles in bottom on 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Spread half ot the beef mixture over the noodles.
- Top with more noodles and remaining beef mixture.
- Cover with remaining noodles.
- Combine water and salsa and pour over top.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Top with cheese and bake uncovered for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream, green onions, and olives.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 25 more reviews
This is so good. I found this recipe in a Betty Crocker pamphlet and was so impressed with how tasty it was, knew it had to already be on the Zaar. ;) And here it is! I loved having salsa instead of tomato sauce and the cumin added a nice flavor. I omitted the beans. Thanks for sharing! DH & I both enjoyed it!
This is the BEST recipe and so easy to prepare it as Vegan dish!! My family doesn't eat meat or dairy, so I just substituted 10oz ives Meatless ground for the ground beef, Follow your Heart Vegan Monterey Jack for the cheese, and Tofutti vegan sour cream. The flavor was fantastic. My family rated it a definite repeat!