Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was a happy little experiment my son and I came up with when we were trying to use up ingredients in our cabinets before we went to the store.
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground chicken
- 26 ounces tomato sauce
- 12 ounces salsa
- 16 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 8 ounces shredded jalapeno jack cheese
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Pre heat oven at 350 degrees. Reserve 2 oz. jack cheese.
- Bring 6 cups of water to boil. Sprinkle salt over the boiling water. Add noodles. Cook until they just bend (about 3 minutes). Drain water and set to the side.
- Brown ground meat in skillet.
- Mix cottage cheese, oregano and black pepper.
- Layer ingredients in a 9 x 13 casserole pan in this order: 3 noodles,ground meat, cottage cheese mixture, jack cheese, cheddar cheese, tomato sauce then salsa. Repeat until you have used all ingredients. Sprinkle reserved cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Let lasanga rest for 10 minutes.