Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Done in 20 minutes on the stovetop; I like to serve this with my Low Carb Mexi Baked Chicken for a complete and festive low carb dinner. Also a tasty, easy side dish to serve with your tacos, fajitas, etc.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder or 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (I prefer and use taco seasoning, homemade with no sugar)
- low-fat Mexican cheese blend, for topping
- In a medium saucepan, sautee the pepper, onion and garlic in olive oil until crisp-tender.
- Add beans, water and seasoning; simmer on low to medium heat until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Top with cheese upon serving.
Great stuff! I used canned pinto beans because we have a ton of those. Surprisingly good and wayyyyy easy! Thanks~
way better than expected. i made the mexi baked chicken to go with it.
Very flavorful & Yummy Beans! Fixed this while on South Beach but whole family loved them. Had to fix another pot for me to take for leftovers in lunch! Thank you!