1/1 Photo of Mexican Fry Bread (Mexican Fried Gorditas)
This is a Mexican Chef's recipe that is a quick and fabulous alternative for purchased tortillas or shells. Well worth the effort
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, salt, baking powder and shortening; mix until shortening is blended. Add water; mix well.
- 2Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board; knead until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- 3Roll dough into a ball; place into a plastic bag.
- 4Separate and roll out enough dough to make six 4- to 6-inch thin, flat rounds.
- 5In a cast iron skillet, heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- 6Place rounds in oil; cook each side 20 to 30 seconds or until light golden brown.
- 7Use a slotted spoon to remove rounds from skillet; drain on paper towel.
- 8Fill with prepared fillings as desired.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Fry Bread (Mexican Fried Gorditas)
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.1
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 370.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g