Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
With generous layers of beef, rice, corn chips and cheese, it's a nacho lovers dream.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) envelope chili seasoning mix
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 medium head lettuce
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped ripe olives
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package corn chips
- In a Dutch oven or large skillet, brown ground beef and drain. Add beans, tomato sauce and chili seasoning. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. On two serving platters with wide sides, layer the corn chips, rice, onions, meat mixture, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and olives. Sprinkle with hot sauce (optional).