Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The Rotel and picante sauce give the meat a delicous, spicy flavor. Cooking it in the crockpot really melds the flavors together. This is an easy dinner for Tex-Mex food lovers.
- 4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle picante sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Have the following ingredients prepared
- tortilla chips
- chopped onion
- chopped tomato
- shredded lettuce
- grated cheese (your choice)
- sour cream
- sliced black olives
- Brown ground beef.
- Drain off any fat.
- Add Rotel and picante sauce.
- Cook on low in crockpot for 2 to 3 hours, or until most of the liquid is gone.
- Add cheese shortly before serving.
- (This causes the meat to hold together.).
I made this recipe on top of the stove over low heat instead of a crockpot, I seasoned the ground beef with onions, garlic and lots of jalapeno peppers, my DS took it home and gave this a definate 5 stars, he loved it! thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
This is my first time on recipe zaar and I made another one of your recipes today along with this recipe. This is great too! Thank you for an easy lunch. I had guests over for lunch and we ate this as a taco salad. Everyone loved it. Thanks again, Juenessa.