Prep 7 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is delicious with homemade chili. It's a favorite of mine especially because of the easy preparation.
- 3 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn
- 1 small chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup milk (more or less to mix)
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees Mix together cornmeal, flour, milk, eggs, and butter.
- Add Mexicorn, onion, peppers, and cheese.
- You may need to add a little more milk if batter is too thick Bake in two greased iron skillets or muffin pans for approximatetly 40 min.
- until golden brown.