Recipe by mel johnson
This has got to be the tastiest and the most moist cornbread I have ever made. It is the most requested thing I cook, so I am sharing it. Don't let the ingredients fool you. It's unbelievable.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 0.5 (4 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F; lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in cream corn, chiles, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to corn mixture; stir until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of the pan comes out clean.