Recipe by josamky1063
Is it a side dish? Or is it a relish? This Mexican Corn Salad can be either—depending on your menu. Put a dollop of the salad on top of grilled salmon or tilapia for a south-of-the-border garnish. Or add black beans from a can (drained and rinsed) to serve as a main dish. If you use fresh sweet corn, the flavors will pop. Use frozen corn and the dish will be ready in a jiffy.
Top Review by ovendiva
This is fabulous! I served this for a fund-raising dinner to 150 people (used the portions to figure out how much to buy).
It was a huge hit, I've sent this link to a lot of people that were at the dinner. So easy, we made it a day ahead and let it sit in the fridge overnight. It's very colorful, healthy and fit's most diets. We didn't add the hot stuff, but I will when making for a smaller crowd.
I'll be making this again and again.
- 4 cups frozen corn (thawed) or 8 large ears of corn
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried basil)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper sauce (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- If you use frozen corn, thaw before using.
- If you use fresh corn, boil for 8 minutes in lightly salted water, cool with cold water and cut corn kernels from cob.
- Place corn, red onion, green and red bell peppers, tomato, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper sauce (optional), olive oil, lime juice and rice wine vinegar in bowl. Toss until completely combined
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.