Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This maybe the the best chicken I've ever made. The recipe is very flexible to your tastes. I preferred mine to be spicy but you can easily change to suite your tastes. I love using the Dutch Oven because you don't have to worry about scratching a coating off and the heat is continual and gentle on the food.
- Start your baking oven preheating to 250 degree Fahrenheit.
- Heat a Dutch Oven on your stove burner with the Canola Oil over a low flame.
- Dry 2-3 the Chicken Legs with a paper towel.
- Coat the Chicken Legs with the Fajita Spice Mix in a pie tin or similar container. The heavier the coating the spicier the chicken.
- Place the coated Chicken Legs in the Dutch Oven and cover. Brown both sides of the chicken for 3-5 minutes. Don't crowd the chicken or the chicken will burn. Also the Dutch Oven will get hotter as you go so watch your browning time.
- Remove the browned Chicken Legs and set aside.
- Repeat the process until all the chicken is browned. You'll need to keep a thin coat of oil on the bottom of the Dutch Oven so add Canola Oil as needed between brownings.
- Wipe out the hot Dutch Oven with a paper towel to remove the oil and unwanted spices. Leave some extra spice if you want the dish to be hotter.
- Place the ingredients into the Dutch Oven in this order: Chili Beans, Salsa, Chicken Broth, Long Grain White Rice, and then the Chicken Legs.
- Cook for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the chicken's juices run clear. Don't peak if your can avoid it.