Recipe by new2cookin
I found this recipe in a cookbook, but changed it so much to my own liking that it no longer resembles the original. My husband and I moaned at the first taste of this. It is just as yummy reheated and you can add a few more chips to make it have that crispness again. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by rather be at the barn...
This was quick, easy, and delicious! I was looking for a Mexican dish with chicken - but I didn't have the tortillas that I usually use. The chips on the inside layers do soften - but taste just like regular corn tortillas! The chips on the top get nice and crunchy. I did use a Mexican blend of shredded cheese instead of the American cheese - just a matter of personal preference. Even my husband, who normally dreads new recipes (!), liked this one! Thanks for sharing it.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cooked and shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup scallion
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1⁄2 lb American cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 7 ounces tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- mix everything together except the chips and 1/4 cup of cheese. butter a deep casserole dish. Pour some of the mixture in the bottom of the pan. break chips into small pieces and sprinkle on top the mixture - repeat with about 3 layers. use the remaining cheese to sprinkle on top. bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes or less. Check oven occasionally.
- you can add green chiles and jalapenos depending on how spicy you'd like it.