Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This gluten free, grain free chicken and "rice" dish is packed with protein and spicy Mexican flavor. http://www.elanaspantry.com/mexican-chicken-and-rice/
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 (8 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 avocado
- grated cheese, if desired
- salsa, if desired
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion over medium heat for 10 minutes, until soft.
- Add celery to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor with the "S" blade and process until the texture of rice.
- Add cauliflower to skillet, cover and cook 5-10 minutes, until soft.
- Mix chilies and chicken into skillet.
- Serve, topping with avocado, cheese and salsa if desired.