Recipe by The Cantankerous Chef
This has been my absolute favorite dish since i was a kid. I used to beg my mom to make it, and when she did, there were never any leftovers. Beware though, it's one of those dishes where you wanna stuff as much down as you can, and before you know it, youre immobile for the next 2 hours! Dont even contemplate another meal tonight. This one's to die for.
Top Review by Artemis
Really enjoyed this one; great break from the normal chicken routine. I will definitely make it again, maybe next time will choose low-fat soups and chips to make it a bit more healthy. I forgot the milk in the soup mixture but still came out great! Yummy.
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (i prefer using 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast, but mom used to boil an entire chicken and then)
- 1 (8 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (i like mild, but hot isn't unbearable)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- milk (fill up one of the soup cans after emptying the soup into mix)
- shredded mild cheddar cheese
- dorritos nacho chip (or try your fav. flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the chicken in broth or water in a frying pan until done. Shred and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add Cream of Chicken, Cream of Mushroom, Rotel Tomatoes, and can of milk. Wisk until fairly smooth.
- Crumble Dorritos while still in the bag.
- In a buttered casserole dish, place a layer of the soup mix (don't use all of it).
- Next add a layer of the crumbled dorritos.
- Then add a layer of the chicken.
- Repeat layers until all gone.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake in 375 degree oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove the foil. Sprinkle a generous amount of the mild cheddar cheese over the top and return to oven, uncovered, and bake until the cheese is hot, melted, and bubbly. Let stand 2-3 minutes and then enjoy!