Smokey Honey Glazed Chicken
photo by davianng
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
2 half chickens
- 1 roasting chicken
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Cut chicken in half removing back bone. You will be working with two half chickens.
- Cut three TBSP of butter off the stick and cut those into a small dice.
- Pull back skin on chicken and rub the meat with salt, pepper, and the chopped garlic. Put the diced butter evenly under the skin and put the skin back in place. Season the top of the skin with salt and pepper.
- In a small sauce pan melt the remaining butter, honey, liquid smoke and red pepper.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and pour half the butter mixture over the top.
- Roast at 375°F for 20 minutes then pour the rest of the butter mixture over the chicken.
- Continue cooking for about 30 more minutes, basting with the pan juices every 10 minutes.
- Make sure the chicken thigh has reached 180°F before removing the chicken from the oven.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This chicken comes out very moist and looks so delicious. The sauce creats a deep golden color. This was my first time with liquid smoke and I like the flavor alot. I would maybe add a little under the skin of the chicken, as the flavor didn't really penetrate through the meat. I did cut down on the butter just a bit. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
This is outstanding!!!!!!! Around the world and back with stars!!! I had never worked with liquid smoke before and after reading the ingredients in it (water, natural hickory smoke flavor, vinegar, molasses, salt, and caremel color), I was on board!!!! I used a really good, thick raw honey, my favorite!!!! I did cut back on the butter, using 1 TBSP under the skin and 3 in the sauce. I used just 1 TBSP liquid smoke because of cutting back the butter and I was taking baby steps with liquid smoke. Kept all else the same. I really loved this recipe!!! It creates the most beautiful golden skin on the chicken and it tastes so good!!!!!!! Next time I will try it with all of the butter and liquid smoke!! Wonderful recipe, Chef Jean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!