photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Heat oven to 350. In a shallow dish combine the flower and seasonings, plus salt and pepper to taste. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Dip each piece of chicken in flour mixture and coat evenly.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a shallow baking dish, large enough to accommodate chicken in a single layer. Arrange chicken in pan and bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt remaining butter and add honey, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger.
- After chicken has baked the 30 minutes, turn each piece over and pour sauce mixture evenly over chicken. Bake another 30 to 40 minutes basting frequently.
- Serve over rice. I usually double the sauce ingredients to make more to serve over the rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was excellent..... and easy! I used boneless skinless chicken thighs (just my preference). The sauce gave the chicken pieces a nice sticky-sweet glaze. The flour on the chicken helped to thicken the sauce as well. I served this over ramen noodles and garnished with chopped scallion tops. Thanx for sharing this. I'll make this again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Extremely busy evening law student/mom just trying to keep her three kids healthy and her husband sane.