This makes a huge amount, but you may reduce by half, the jalapenos are optional add in if you like heat, The salsa must be slightly drained over a strainer or the dip will become to watery. Serve this with chips of choice. Servings is only estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened (can use two 8-ounce packages)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups salsa, slightly drained
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 4 cups finely shredded head lettuce
- 1/2 cup canned sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup green sliced green olives, drained
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or use cheddar)
- 1In a bowl mix HALF the package of taco seasoning mix with the refried beans until combined, then spread in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish (or a long serving platter).
- 2In another bowl mix the remaining half of taco seasoning mix with the softened cream cheese and sour cream until well blended; spread over the refried beans.
- 3Spread the drained salsa over the refried beans.
- 4Sprinkle chopped tomatoes over the salsa then green onions and shredded lettuce.
- 5Top with shredded cheese, then sprinkle with green or black sliced olives.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexi Layer Taco Dip
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.0
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.9 mg
- Sodium 466.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 6.7 g