Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a huge amount, but you may reduce by half, the jalapenos are optional add in if you like heat, The salsa must be slightly drained over a strainer or the dip will become to watery. Serve this with chips of choice. Servings is only estimated.
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened (can use two 8-ounce packages)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups salsa, slightly drained
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 4 cups finely shredded head lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup canned sliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup green sliced green olives, drained
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or use cheddar)
- In a bowl mix HALF the package of taco seasoning mix with the refried beans until combined, then spread in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish (or a long serving platter).
- In another bowl mix the remaining half of taco seasoning mix with the softened cream cheese and sour cream until well blended; spread over the refried beans.
- Spread the drained salsa over the refried beans.
- Sprinkle chopped tomatoes over the salsa then green onions and shredded lettuce.
- Top with shredded cheese, then sprinkle with green or black sliced olives.