A Mexican twist on spaghetti with ingredients inspired by the Summer 2011 Dining on a Dollar Contest. Qualifying ingredients: Zucchini, bouillon cubes, cumin, ground beef, salsa and purple onion.
- Put a large pot of water on to boil the pasta per package directions.
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet, drain well then add water and bouillon cube. Stir and heat to dissolve bouillon.
- Add salsa, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, salt and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in zucchini and simmer approximately 5 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Serve sauce over cooked spaghetti noodles.