Recipe by McCormick Kitchens
Grilled sausage, pineapple, bell peppers and onions lightly sweetened with an apricot preserve glaze makes a delicious topping for a gourmet pizza on the grill.
- 1 (1 ounce) package McCormick® Grill Mates® Mesquite Marinade
- 1⁄2 cup apricot
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage link
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch wide strips
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 fresh pineapple slices
- 1 lb fresh pizza dough (12-inch)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Marinade Mix, preserves and orange juice in small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the preserves mixture.
- Grill sausage over medium heat 20 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally. Grill peppers, onions and pineapple slices 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp, turning occasionally. Brush sausage, vegetables and pineapple occasionally with remaining preserves mixture. Cut sausage into thin slices. Cut vegetables and pineapple into bite-size pieces.
- Stretch or roll dough on floured baking sheet to a 12- to 14-inch round, about 1/4-inch thick. Brush top of dough with oil. Place oiled-side down on the grill. Close lid. Grill over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until grill marks appear on the bottom of the crust. Carefully flip crust over using tongs or spatula.
- Brush crust with 2 tablespoons of the reserved preserves mixture. Layer with 1/2 of the cheese, grilled sausage and vegetables. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons preserves mixture. Top with remaining cheese and pineapple. Close lid. Grill 3 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is browned. (Check pizza often to avoid burning. Rotate pizza, if necessary.) Slide pizza onto baking sheet. Slice and serve immediately.