Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious sourdough bread
- 6 cups pillsbury bread flour
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- In a large bowl make a stiff batter of all the ingredients. (I add the water a little at a time).
- Oil another wooden or glass bowl. Put dough in and turn over (oily side on top)
- Cover with wrap or foil and let stand over night. (do not put in refrig).
- Next morning, punch down dough and knead a few times.
- Divide into 3 equal parts and knead each part on a floured surface 8-10 times.
- Put into greased loaf pans and brush with oil. Cover loosely with wrap.
- Let rise 4 to 5 hours. (All day is fine).
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake 30-45 minutes depending on your oven.
- Remove and brush with butter. Cool on rack.
- Wrap well and store in frige.
- To reheat, preheat oven to 325 and heat for 30 minutes.