Recipe by Mini Ravindran
Spinach never tasted like this ever before !!!! A must try !!!
Top Review by Sackville
This is truly lovely and easy to make. You just have to be careful not to overcook the potatoes, otherwise they turn into mush when you are stirring it all together. I used the hot chillies, which gave it a nice kick.
- 2 cups spinach (blanched and pureed)
- 4 big potatoes (boiled/microwaved, peeled and cubed)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons onion paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3 chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons oil (preferably Canola oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add fennel seeds.
- Let them crackle.
- Add onion, green chillies, garlic, ginger paste and sauté till it turns pinkish brown.
- Add salt, turmeric and black pepper powder.
- Sauté for 3-4 seconds and add tomato puree.
- Wait till gravy is well cooked and raw smell is gone.
- Add cubed potatoes and stir well for 4 minutes.
- Add pureed spinach now and lower the heat.
- Let it cook fir 15 minutes on heat or microwave for 10 minutes.
- Serve with Indian breads and add a dash of fresh cream while serving.
- Serve hot.