Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Rare roast beef works best with these. That way they don't get too done in the hot broth.
Make and share this Melting Cheese And Roast Beef Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 (10 ounce) can French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 lb thinly sliced rare roast beef
- 4 onion rolls, split
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- In 12 inch skillet, melt butter; add onions and cook until tender.
- Add soup; bring to a boil.
- Add roast beef; remove from heat.
- Divide beef and onions among 4 rolls.
- Top each with a slice of cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese melts.
- Serve broth for dipping.
There you go again Inez with another super recipe!! Thanks this was so simple to whip up and we all really enjoyed this. DH brought home some fresh Panini rolls so we used those instead of the onion rolls...end result DELICIOUS!
This was excellent! We thought it was like a Philadelphia Cheesesteak sandwich. Next time I will sautee mushrooms with the onions.
A new favorite in our household. So easy - I think "soaking" the roast beef is the key, making a flavorful, juicy sandwich. Have made as written, and also have made without the sliced onions - just depends on how many "extra" onions you prefer - fantastic both ways. For the bread we prefer to use a crusty artisan bread or ciabatta. A wonderful, satisfying quick dinner too! Definitely a keeper at our house.