Recipe by MizzNezz
Rare roast beef works best with these. That way they don't get too done in the hot broth.
Top Review by Dana-MMH
There you go again Inez with another super recipe!! Thanks this was so simple to whip up and we all really enjoyed this. DH brought home some fresh Panini rolls so we used those instead of the onion rolls...end result DELICIOUS!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 (10 ounce) can French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 lb thinly sliced rare roast beef
- 4 onion rolls, split
- 4 slices provolone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In 12 inch skillet, melt butter; add onions and cook until tender.
- Add soup; bring to a boil.
- Add roast beef; remove from heat.
- Divide beef and onions among 4 rolls.
- Top each with a slice of cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese melts.
- Serve broth for dipping.