Recipe by Across the Ocean
The name says it all!! By far the prettiest and best "cookie" there is. I have to hide this all the way in the back of the freezer otherwise I eat it all in one sitting. From the Silver Spoon cookbook.
Top Review by MSMD310
if a recipe looks too good to be true- it usually is! This was a fair crescent cookie. Looked pretty but tasted nothing like a rich rugelach. The instructions were too vague, and the filling was very bland. I ended up trying them with different fillings-apricot jam filling and a melted chocolate also. I also had to bake them for 20-25 minutes. In my opinion, not worth the effort.
- 1 lb margarine (4 sticks)
- 1 (10 ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping
- 5 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 ounces ground walnuts
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- confectioners' sugar (to sprinkle)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dough ingredients together, to form a soft dough.
- Combine filling ingredients in a small bowl.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces.
- Roll out each piece in to a circle.
- Spread filling over dough.
- Divide into 20 wedges (like a pizza pie).
- Roll from the wides part of the triangle to the narrow part.
- Place edge down on a parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Continue with the rest of the dough.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.
- When cool sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.