Recipe by Chef TanyaW
This is DELICIOUS and people always want the recipe. I got the recipe in a cooking class taught by Meiling Dawson @ Orson Gygi. It's very similar to the recipe http://www.food.com/recipe/mango-coconut-ice-cream-vegan-237611. But this one is a topping for vanilla ice cream, and that one is thickened and made into ice cream.
Top Review by Slim PA
My wife and boys love mango and this did not disappoint. A great alternative to the heavy syrups. We're looking forward to trying with another fruit. Thanks for another keeper! Made for PAC Spring 2012.
- 2 ripe mangoes (I use the mangoes that are a little oblong and yellow in color when ripe... they are GREAT)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel mangos and cut fruit from pit.
- Puree all ingredients except one mango in food processor.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or more.
- Serve a generous portion over vanilla ice cream as well as remaining fresh, chopped mango. I triple the recipe for a dinner party -- which is enough for about a gallon of ice cream.