Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I got this from http://southernfood.about.com/od/crockpotsoup/r/bl42c11.htm, but I wanted to enter it to find out the nutritional value.
- 1 medium eggplant, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 (14 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- fresh ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Combine all ingredients except noodles in slow cooker and stir well. (Sometimes I also add a tablespoons of tomato paste for a thicker stew.) Cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours. Serve with hot cooked noodles.