Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this when I needed to make dinner in 20 minutes and all I had was defrosted tilapia. It's low in fat but high in flavor!
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1 small tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 tablespoons green olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons red onions, finely diced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pam cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spray Pam on a shallow baking dish and arrange the fillets (skin sides down) that have been seasoned with salt. Bake for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- In the meantime, heat oil on a frying pan, and sauté the red onion and red bell pepper for a few minutes. When slightly tender, add the tomatoes, green olives, garlic, thyme, and black pepper. Cook a few minutes until of desired consistency and add lemon juice and cumin to mix well.
- Place this mixture on top of fish, and continue baking the fish for 10-15 minutes longer, until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with rice or couscous.
i'm not a fish eater so to make and enjoy this was a treat! thanks for a simple, quick fish recipe.
It came out good. I love it, it is quick meal, i substituted the onions and the bell pepper with whatever i had similar but it was good. Cheers