Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very healthy and delicious to boot!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes (with juices)
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb sea scallops, cut crosswise in half
- 8 -12 ounces linguine
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add garlic and shallots, sauté for 1 minute.
- Chop tomatoes.
- Stir in tomatoes and juice, tomato sauce, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in scallops and continue to gently cook about 5 minutes, only until scallops are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to al dente package directions.
- Drain pasta and divide evenly among four warm pasta bowls (about 1 cup each).
- Top with scallops mixture.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
- Serve with tossed green salad and Italian bread.
- Serve immediately.
Yummy yummy yummy... If not a wee bit basic. I used regular old salt-filled ingreds, and it was a hit with the fam. Good stuff!
Delicious & healthy--how can you lose!! Didn't want to pay the price for shallots so I used the white of green onions. Also used the diced canned tomatoes and sauteed some fresh mushrooms as suggested by others. Fantastic Mille, thanks for sharing!
This recipe was very tasty, and very simple to make. The only thing I do is add a little bit of corn starch to the scallop mixture to make it a bit creamier.