1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Scallops
Very healthy and delicious to boot!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes (with juices)
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb sea scallops, cut crosswise in half
- 8 -12 ounces linguine
- 1In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add garlic and shallots, sauté for 1 minute.
- 2Chop tomatoes.
- 3Stir in tomatoes and juice, tomato sauce, herbs, salt and pepper.
- 4Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in scallops and continue to gently cook about 5 minutes, only until scallops are cooked through.
- 6Meanwhile, cook linguine according to al dente package directions.
- 7Drain pasta and divide evenly among four warm pasta bowls (about 1 cup each).
- 8Top with scallops mixture.
- 9Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
- 10Serve with tossed green salad and Italian bread.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.5
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.5 mg
- Sodium 203.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 28.5 g