Very healthy and delicious to boot!
Make and share this Mediterranean Scallops recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes (with juices)
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb sea scallops, cut crosswise in half
- 8 -12 ounces linguine
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add garlic and shallots, sauté for 1 minute.
- Chop tomatoes.
- Stir in tomatoes and juice, tomato sauce, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in scallops and continue to gently cook about 5 minutes, only until scallops are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to al dente package directions.
- Drain pasta and divide evenly among four warm pasta bowls (about 1 cup each).
- Top with scallops mixture.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
- Serve with tossed green salad and Italian bread.
- Serve immediately.