1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Sausage Wrap (With Vegetarian Option)
This is a flavour-filled, healthy, easy-to-make wrap that's great as a snack or as a main dish. Vegetarians can use tofurky or other soy/alternameat sausages (it's just as delicious!). ***Note: The vegetarian option does not follow the nutrition information listed. In general the vegetarian choices will have lower sodium, fat, and calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 Italian sausage (vegetarian if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or other cooking oil)
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 an avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped (about two inches worth of a bunch)
- 1/4 cup cheese, grated (italian-blend is best but most kinds will do. Soy, rice, or lower-fat dairy cheeses can be substitut)
- 1 chipotle pepper tortilla, 10-inch (I prefer these wraps, but any will do)
- 1Heat the oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- 2For vegetarians, cook the sausage as per package directions (usually microwave).
- 3For meat, partially cook the sausage as per package directions or your regular method. This usually means boiling, microwaving, or frying.
- 4Slice the sausage.
- 5For vegetarians, place the sliced sausage on your wrap.
- 6For meat, add the sliced sausages, the chopped pepper, and zucchini to the oiled pan, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft but not mushy, and the meat is no longer pink inside.
- 7While the pan mixture is cooking, cut the onions and avocado.
- 8Arrange them with the cheese in the open wrap, on a plate. Try to form the filling in a rectangular shape down the middle, leaving at least two inches of space at the bottom and a third of the wrap on either side.
- 9Add the contents of the pan to the wrap.
- 10Fold the bottom part of the wrap up over the filling, followed by the two sides. You may have to adjust this a few times to get it snug. If you've got toothpicks, you can use one or two to hold the wrap closed while you get your beverage and walk to the table, etc.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Sausage Wrap (With Vegetarian Option)
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.6
- Calories from Fat 442
- Total Fat 49.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.3 mg
- Sodium 1294.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle pepper tortillas