- 2 tomatoes, seeded coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup nicoise olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, loosely packed thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, red wine vinegar, olives, onion, capers, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Set aside.
- Brush both sides of the salmon with the remaining olive oil.
- Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat or postion broiler rack so that the top of the fish on rack will be 3 inches from heat source-preheat broiler.
- Saute or broil salmon 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Add basil to reserved tomato mixture.
- Serve with salmon.