Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This easy recipe from Canadian Living is made from things one normally has in a well-stocked pantry and fridge.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups penne
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) canwhite tuna in water, drained and broken into chunks
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until thickenend, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until tender but firm, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and return to the pot.
- Add the tomato mixture, tuna, feta cheese and parsley.
- Gently toss to coat.