Mediterranean Chicken w/Rosemary Orzo
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄3 cups orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, julienned or chopped (about 2 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups plum tomatoes, choppped (about 3 tomatoes)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- Spray 10 inch skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, stir-fry until browned, about 5 minutes; stir in orzo, garlic and broth.
- Heat until boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer about 8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer about 5 minutes, stirring once until pepper is crisp-tender and orzo is tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made this a couple weeks ago, and it made a ton! My b/f ate a bunch and then I froze half of it. It was good, but I still felt like it was missing something. I did love the rosemary! I used canned tomatoes and added some onion, but still, a little bland. I'll make it again, just try and think of something else to add.
This was fast, easy, healthy and filling, so I'd give it five stars for preparation. I found it lacking flavor, however. I added onions, white wine, extra herbs and a splash of balsamic vinegar to boost the flavor, but it still needed something. I'm not giving up on it yet, though - I think I'll either add sweet Italian sausage or chopped portabello mushrooms and maybe some crumbled feta. I'm not too concerned about the fat content. ;-)