Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is made in the microwave! For an extra flavor boost, look for sun-dried tomatoes in olive with herbs. Feta cheese is available plain or flavored. You can use cheese with garlic, basil, sun-dried tomato or herbs. Recipe is from Betty Crocker.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (from 7 ounce jar)
- 2 teaspoons oil from jar sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 small plum tomato, finely chopped and drained
- 1 medium green onion, thinly sliced (1 T)
- 4 ounces restaurant-style corn tortilla chips (about 30 chips)
- 1 (4 ounce) package feta cheese, finely crumbled
- In small bowl, mix olives, sun-dried tomatoes, oil, plum tomato and onion; set aside.
- On large microwavable plate, arrange tortilla chips in single layer.
- Top evenly with cheese.
- Microwave uncovered on high for 1 minute.
- Rotate plate 1/2 turn, microwave 30-60 seconds longer or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Spoon tomato mixture evenly over chips and cheese.
Loved these easy-to-fix & tasty nachos, Lainey. I made a full recipe of them for 2 of us & not a bite was left. The sun-dried tomato & feta I used were both packed in oil w/herbs. The feta was orig cubed, but I cut them to a fine dice & most melted fine. I used a mix of red onion + chives as green onions are rarely available here. I esp liked the contrasting texture & flavor of using both sun-dried tomato & fresh tomato. Made for the Aug Aussie/NZ Swap & thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)
I really liked this, but as the feta cheese doesn't melt i will use gouda next time. I used feta cheese from a jar with olive oil, and the sun-dried tomatoes too. Usually i would make my nachos in the oven, but this is so much faster! The kids loved it too. Made for ZWT4, for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.