Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Why keep making the same old nachos when you can try this one that includes "good for you" veggies? This sure looks like dinner to me!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup hot salsa (your favorite kind)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- tortilla chips
- Heat oil in a heavy, large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add eggplant and bell pepper and cook until soft, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes.
- Mix in tomatoes and spices, salt and pepper.
- Cook until tomatoes are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in salsa.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- DDivide tortilla chips between two oven proof serving platters.
- Top with vegetable mixture and grated cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and avocado slices.
Made this for the Super Bowl and it came out great. I recommend not making the topping up too early, as it gets a little soggy. Still has great flavor, even when made with low fat cheese and fat free sour cream.