Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
One of my favorite dishs to feed a crowd, invented some months ago from the sratch. It is very easy to prepare and tastes just wonderfully. I always serve it with spicy tomato sauce and white bean salad.
- 4 -6 potatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 package frozen herbs
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground pork
- 3 eggs
- 7 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, your choice
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- Tabasco sauce (and everything you like)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated (your choice)
- ~~~First layer: Potatoes~~~.
- Boil potatoes (prepare meatloaf in the meantime), peel and cut them into 1/2" thick slices.
- Layer them in a baking dish.
- Whisk heavy cream and onion soup mix.
- Pour over potatoes.
- ~~~Second layer: Meatloaf~~~.
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Add onions and frozen herbs and saute for about 5 minutes; stir well.
- Fill in a large bowl and add mincemeat, breadcrumbs, eggs, frozen vegetables, olives and spices.
- Mix together.
- Press into baking dish on top of the potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- In the meantime prepare the~~~ Third Layer: Bechamel-Cheese-Sauce~~~.
- Melt butter in a pot.
- Add flour and whisk constantly.
- Add milk and whisk until consistence is creamy and free of lumps.
- Add cheese and spices and whisk well until cheese is melted.
- Remove meatloaf from oven, pour sauce over it.
- Reduce heat at 300 degrees and bake an additional 30 minutes.