1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Inspired Stuffed and Rolled Flank Steak
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Stuffing
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, coarse chopped
- 5 kalamata olives, pitted and coarse chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 5 garlic cloves, confit or 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
For the Flank Steak
- 1Combine all the stuffing ingredients in a food processor and process until they form a smooth paste, about 45 to 60 seconds.
- 2Prepare the flank steak by placing between plastic and pounding to a thickness of 1/3 inch; score on one side in a criss-cross pattern.
- 3Turn steak over and season well with salt and pepper.
- 4Smooth all but 1 tablespoon of the stuffing over the entire steak; reserved stuffing will be used later in a sauce.
- 5Roll steak up and tie with kitchen twine in about 3 places.
- 6Place the steak, uncovered, in the refrigerator for at least two hours up to overnight (you want the outside to dry a bit and the inside to marinate).
- 7Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and bring the steak to room temperature.
- 8Heat a large skillet over medium high heat; season steak on all sides generously with salt and pepper and sear well, in a little oil, on all sides.
- 9Meanwhile combine reserved stuffing, water, mustard, garlic, rosemary, and oils in a roasting pan or baking dish; place a rack for the meat on top.
- 10Place meat on rack, brush with pan juices, and roast to an internal temperature of 120 degrees F, about 15 minutes.
- 11Let rest about 15 minutes, then slice into 1/4 inch slices; drizzle with pan sauce and more extra virgin olive oil if desired.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Inspired Stuffed and Rolled Flank Steak
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.3
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 280.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 25.5 g