Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
this is great because you can make it at the last minute, no marinating required. from cooking light.
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- cooking spray
- preheat broiler.
- (this is also great on the grill).
- trim fat from steak.
- combine mustard, water, lemon juice and garlic, rub over steak.
- combine coriander and the next 5 ingredients, pat into mustard mixture on steaks.
- cover and chill 10 minutes.
- spray a broiler pan with cooking spray, broil 8-10 minutes, do not turn.
- cut diagonally against the grain into thin slices, serve.
Delicious, and so easy to make, made it just like the recipe said. Though I did cook it on the BBQ, turned it to the other side for just a couple of minutes. What a great way to make a flank steak. DH loved it, Flank steak is one of his favorites. Thank you Chia for ANOTHER yummy recipe.