Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from SKINNY KITCHEN with Nancy Fox. Its really easy to make and its delish! My husband and my daughter both liked this recipe a lot. I used a big muffin pan the meatloaf.
- 1 lb 99% fat-free ground turkey breast or 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a regular (12-cup) muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2. To make bread crumbs: Toast 1 slice whole wheat or multi-grain bread. Place in blender and pulse until made into crumbs.
- 3. In a large bowl, add ground turkey, bread crumbs, onions, egg, Worcestershire sauce, ½ cup barbecue sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Using your hands or a large spoon, thoroughly mix together until well blended.
- 4. Add meatloaf mixture to the top of each muffin cup, flattening out the tops. Top each meatloaf muffin with ¾ tablespoon barbecue sauce and spread evenly over top.
- 5. Bake for 40 minutes. Run a knife around each muffin to loosen it from pan. Remove to a serving plate.
- Makes 9 meatloaf muffins (1-2 muffins per serving).