Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is our favorite meatloaf recipe. It's easy to make, moist and delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Mix together beef, crumbs, onion, egg, salt, pepper and 1/2 can tomato sauce.
- Form into loaf and put into loaf pan.
- Combine rest of tomato sauce, water, brown sugar, prepared mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over loaf.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
This was by far the best meatloaf I have ever made!! I only added 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, other than that I didn't change a thing. This was very moist and it didn't fall apart on me. From now on this will be how I make meatloaf. Thanks for the great recipe.
Bev this meat loaf of so very good. Moist and did not fall apart. Great taste of BBQ that was not over powering. Mark loved it. We just could not get enough this on that I think we can double for a great sandwich. Thank You
Bev, thanks for this superb recipe! I made it tonight for dinner, and my hubby had two HUGE helpings -- I even had seconds myself. The only change I made was to double it, but I did not double the salt (only used 2 tsp total, and my tomato sauce was unsalted). It was extremely easy to put together, smelled wonderful as it cooked, and was very moist yet firm enough so that I could cut it into nice pieces. And it's yummy! I usually make meatloaf "my way", but now I'm going to be making "your way" a lot too!