Recipe by Sharon123
For those vegetarians who miss the taste of meatloaf, here is a tasty vegetarian version that matches the flavor. Adapted by Rainsinger at allrecipes. The barbeque sauce can make or break this recipe. Make sure to use a good quality one. My favorites are Sweet Baby Rays and Jack Daniels.
- 1 (12 ounce) bottlegood quality barbecue sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) packagevegetarian veggie crumbles
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, mix 1/2 the barbeque sauce with the vegetarian burger crumbles, green bell pepper, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and egg. Season with thyme, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper. Transfer to the loaf pan.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Pour remaining barbeque sauce over the loaf, and continue baking 15 minutes, or until loaf is set.